22 Posts
lucky_cloud started a discussion
Looks like my Owari made it in-ground in 7b (central NC) - Got down to maybe 20F inside its frost cloth tent, according to my fairly cheap thermometer. Leaves look a little ugly and feeling very leat... Read More
8 Likes    6 Comments
lucky_cloud started a discussion
Flower coloration - Hey citrus folk, Question about varieties and coloration of flower buds. Are NZL buds pure white or tinged with purple? Does that vary at a... Read More
    11 Comments
lucky_cloud started a discussion
Mandarins with stems spotted at the grocery store - Last year at this time I didn’t know anything about grafting. Now I’ve got a few successful grafts under my belt and I’m ready to try it. I’... Read More
4 Likes    9 Comments
lucky_cloud started a discussion
Dunstan Citrumelo rooted cuttings - Success! I made these cuttings at the end of August. I put them in potting mix and put it under a plastic bag on my screened porch, and then... Read More
6 Likes    10 Comments
lucky_cloud started a discussion
Hurricane Florence - We're a couple hours inland but right in the path of the storm. Strong possibility for tropical storm force winds and over 10 inches of rain... Read More
3 Likes    25 Comments
lucky_cloud started a discussion
Does this graft look healed? - 3 weeks post, only my second grafting attempt and so I don’t want to rush it (but am eager to see it done). Also, 2nd photo shows that I ... Read More
2 Likes    7 Comments
lucky_cloud started a discussion
Mystery pepper ID - I only planted a few varieties this year: sugar rush peach, aji pineapple, and habanada. Started each from seed -- SRP bought from Baker Cre... Read More
    1 Comment
lucky_cloud started a discussion
Help me figure out if this growth is above-graft or below-graft - I usually don't have a problem finding the graft line, but this one has me confounded. It's a NZL from Stan. It's happy and seems healthy, t... Read More
    11 Comments
lucky_cloud started a discussion
Anyone ordered from UScitrus.com? - I have been thinking about a kaffir and a finger lime, and they have them for what comes out to $30 each, including shipping (after the disc... Read More
    53 Comments
lucky_cloud started a discussion
Bug on mango leaves - friend or foe? - I've seen this weird bug hanging out on the leaves of my potted mango trees. There doesn't seem to be any leaf damage, but I was just curiou... Read More
    6 Comments
Show More Events...