19 Posts
loweride started a discussion
What to do with young lavender? - I planted lavender seeds in the spring that I harvested from our plant last fall. I'm wondering if I should put them in the ground this year... Read More
    10 Comments
loweride started a discussion
Leave or Remove Dead Sod Before Seeding - I killed the weeds and grass with glyphosate last week and was going to scrape off all the dead weeds and grass before applying new grass se... Read More
    6 Comments
loweride started a discussion
How does mold get in my Bhuts? - Last year, one of my Bhut Jolokia plants had mold in all of the pods. It was only one plant that did it, but 90% of the pods were moldy insi... Read More
    13 Comments
loweride started a discussion
Class on Fermenting Peppers for Sauce - Reedsburg, WI - I'm so glad I get to go to a class on fermenting peppers and it is only 2 miles from my house. I've been reading articles on how to ferment ... Read More
    1 Comment
loweride started a discussion
Why are my leaves falling off? Bugs? - Do you think there is some sort of bug on my plant that (all of a sudden) is making the leaves drop? This happened on a pepper plant over in... Read More
    4 Comments
loweride started a discussion
Will all pepper plants grow 7 feet tall? - All the seed packets for peppers say that they're a tender annual that reaches 18"-24" tall. When I over-wintered my superhots, th... Read More
    8 Comments
loweride started a discussion
Pepper Workshop, Madison WI May 16th - Dr Dave is holding his Pepper Workshop at Paradigm Gardens at 10:00 AM on May 16th. He didn't have it last year because he moved to Minnesot... Read More
    11 Comments
loweride started a discussion
Rehydrate or Powder?? - I dried all of my chiles this year and have a chili cook-off next week. Should I rehydrate them or just grind up the powder? I was just goi... Read More
    6 Comments
loweride started a discussion
5th Grader Took a Bhut Jolokia to school today - I gave a couple Bhut Jolokias to a buddy yesterday, because he said his 5th grade son likes hot stuff and wanted to try it. Today, he told m... Read More
    17 Comments
loweride started a discussion
Hybrid Peppers? Seed Saving? - I think I know the answer, but will all pepper seeds produce plants or are they like tomatoes and only the "heirloom" varieties wi... Read More
    1 Comment
Show More Events...