24 Posts
L T started a discussion
Fiddle leaf fig tree too heavy on one side & leaning: What to do? - I think it's time to prune this fiddle leaf fig. It's about 10' tall and is growing so many leaves on one side that it's severely leaning: ... Read More
    5 Comments
L T started a discussion
Thriving vegetable garden next to a construction site: What to do? - Because of the rains we've recently gotten in LA, my little humble vegetable garden is thriving. My herbs are growing like weeds, and, weird... Read More
    10 Comments
L T started a discussion
Young lemon tree has 3 trunks. What to do to make it look like a tree? - Hello, I have a young lemon tree (planted from its pot two years ago) that has been growing in our backyard (in soil that's under the artif... Read More
    2 Comments
L T started a discussion
Invasive Plant (?) Crowding Out My Mint - This plant (brighter green) is crowding out my mint in my outdoor herb garden. Any idea what it might be?
    6 Comments
L T started a discussion
New Nubs on Trunk and Auxiliary Branch of Fiddle Leaf Fig - I noticed a few nubs on the (very thin) trunk and on one auxiliary branch of my 9' fiddle leaf fig. Might these grow to become branches with... Read More
    3 Comments
L T started a discussion
Huge 9' Fiddle Leaf Fig: Where to Put It, What's Wrong with the Leaves - I was recently gifted a huge 9' fiddle leaf fig. The plant originally lived at a retail store for two months (not near a window), so I'm not... Read More
1 Like    25 Comments
L T started a discussion
Always Dirty: Concrete Floor Inherently Leeches Dirt? - Hi, I have a question about concrete floors. We have slab on grade, unsealed polished concrete floors. I clean the floor regularly. I usuall... Read More
    3 Comments
L T started a discussion
Before and After Photos of Your Ficus Nitida Privacy Hedges/Screens? - I recently (early May) planted a bunch of Ficus Nitida hedges on my property, and I'm very eager to see them get very dense and create a pri... Read More
    Comment
L T started a discussion
Ficus Hedge with Brown Dots and Curling Leaves - I just planted a ficus (nitida, I believe) hedge for privacy. They're about a month in, but ever since they were planted, they started devel... Read More
    4 Comments
L T started a discussion
Fast-Growing, Low-Maintenance (Drought-Tolerant), Dense Hedge? - Hello! I'm looking for a fast-growing, low-maintenance (preferably something that will thrive with moderate to little watering) hedge for th... Read More
    Comment
Show More Events...