35 Posts
dottt1 started a discussion
Exterior wall re-do -- best products? - Will be removing the exterior stucco on my home along with the 1980's Celotex/black board underneath. Contractor thinks there won't be OSB ... Read More
    4 Comments
dottt1 started a discussion
Removing stucco and starting over. - So I have one of those 1980's homes that's part brick, part stucco (mostly stucco) and wood trim (clunky faux tudor stuff). The wood is in ... Read More
    16 Comments
dottt1 started a discussion
Question about "innie" windows - My Andersen windows from the 1980's, which I still have on one side of the house, sit flush to the interior wall. They are double hung wind... Read More
    12 Comments
dottt1 started a discussion
Replacing old insulation in unfinished basement. - Hi. I have the old, yellow-color fiberglass batt insulation, cut in squares all around the top of basement cement walls where they meet the... Read More
    7 Comments
dottt1 started a discussion
Stucco and Marvin Essential Brickmould question. - Marvin Essential windows were istalled flush to the stucco on my home. Previously there had been chunky cedar wood trim. I told the dealer... Read More
    3 Comments
dottt1 started a discussion
Stucco and Marvin Essential brickmould question. - Marvin Essential windows were istalled flush to the stucco on my home. Previously there had been chunky cedar wood trim. I told the dealer... Read More
    13 Comments
dottt1 started a discussion
Are there any class 4 asphalt shingles that are not fussy/mottled? - I have brick that has quite a few colors in it. Some of the house is also stucco. The original roof was a beautiful shake roof, but they a... Read More
    8 Comments
dottt1 started a discussion
Smooth trim on a textured stucco home? - My home is brick and textured stucco with cedar trim. The cedar trim is not in good shape. As I've been replacing windows, it is clearly t... Read More
    2 Comments
dottt1 started a discussion
What is the trim color around the door? - The trim around the door looks grey and is wonderful with the yellow. Is that just cement or is it painted? Looks so much better than ordi... Read More
    Comment
dottt1 started a discussion
Do you have inside window screens? How do you like them? - So, after an unfortunate window experience, I'm having my windows changed to casements (they were double-hung windows). I've never had wind... Read More
    5 Comments
Show More Events...