16 Posts
Dawn C started a discussion
Pin oak dying? - I'm in Houston, TX, and we had a brutal summer of drought. We have a pin oak that has been dropping what seems like a branch every year but ... Read More
    3 Comments
Dawn C started a discussion
Need a new climbing or rambler flowers - I am a fairly new gardener in 9a and have cedar trellises and posts on the front side of my one story home. I had 4 Sally Holmes bushes spre... Read More
    17 Comments
Dawn C started a discussion
Rug help please! - Please forgive my terrible sketch, but I need some rug help. We live in a ranch style home. Walk through the front door, you can make a righ... Read More
    3 Comments
Dawn C started a discussion
Planting under a pin oak - We have a large Pin Oak next to our home on the east side. We have very sandy soil in zone 9a. Some of its roots are above ground, and grass... Read More
    10 Comments
Dawn C started a discussion
Rambler rose questions - Please be gentle...I am still very new to gardening and have questions. I am zone 9. I need some more help with my Sally Holmes roses. In th... Read More
1 Like    10 Comments
Dawn C started a discussion
Sally Holmes during winter - I am in Zone 8b. I planted a few Sally Holmes near a brick wall with brick clips and some near some wood columns. They are growing fairly we... Read More
    5 Comments
Dawn C started a discussion
Identify this bug for me please - I live in the Houston, TX area. We have these large-ish bugs (maybe an inch?) that I don't recall ever seeing before. They fly, they haven't... Read More
    2 Comments
Dawn C started a discussion
Gardening and roaches - I am near Houston, and I am pretty much surrounded by woods and a large creek behind us. I'm no stranger to various roaches because I live i... Read More
    1 Comment
Dawn C started a discussion
Shutters, limewash, trim paint help! - I have a 1979 ranch style brick house near Houston that is pretty much in the middle of the woods with no neighbors. When we first moved in ... Read More
    3 Comments
Dawn C started a discussion
What shrubs are these and how do I care for them? - We moved into our house in February in the Houston area, and I am very new to lawn/garden care. No one lived here for over 6 months, and eve... Read More
    5 Comments
Show More Events...