8 Posts
chaocai started a discussion
"Topping off" a gravel driveway -- what depth? - I have a long gravel driveway, somewhere north of 3500sqft that has seen better days (weeds and thin spots). I'd love to spring for an aspha... Read More
    2 Comments
chaocai started a discussion
Cedar Shake Roof Lifespan in PNW - I was recently told by my insurance company that my roof is, "too old to be insurable", and that they're dropping my coverage. Not... Read More
    3 Comments
chaocai started a discussion
.67 Energy Star Water Heater Worth it? - I'm considering a couple different models of Rheem water heaters (42XR50-40F .62EF & 43V50E2 .67EF). My utility company is offering a re... Read More
    1 Comment
chaocai started a discussion
Tankless or tank water heater question - First sorry for re-posting but I was advised to post here from instead of HVC forum as it seems that I picked the wrong forum initially. We... Read More
    8 Comments
chaocai started a discussion
tank or tankless water heater? - We currently have to tandem water heaters, one being gas one being electrical. They both are over 15 years old. In my area, the utility comp... Read More
    19 Comments
chaocai started a discussion
Energy Star Vinyl Window condensation - We have energy star double pane vinyl windows installed last fall. It's milgard and supposed to meet all the energy saving criteria in order... Read More
    4 Comments
chaocai started a discussion
Do I need a permit for converting electrical to gas cooktop? - Asked appliance store/contractor, some said yes some said "not really". What'd be the problem if I don't apply for permit for the ... Read More
    11 Comments
chaocai started a discussion
gas cooktop - GE Monogram? - We are thinking of replacing 36" electrical cooktop with gas one. It seems GE monogram ZGU385SMSS has met the criteria quite well: high... Read More
    23 Comments