72 Posts
cakbu z9 CA started a discussion
Need sturdy table for sewing machine - I am moving into a 1 bedroom apartment (from 3 bedroom home). I need a sturdy table to double as a dining table and sewing machine table. ... Read More
    9 Comments
cakbu z9 CA started a discussion
Tubing Anchors or Hold downs - Looking for something sturdy to hold down my 1/2" tubing. Something I can pound into the ground with a hammer. Any suggestions?
    9 Comments
cakbu z9 CA started a discussion
Rethinking "island" in middle of lawn - This island is about 10' in diameter. Currently it has filled in with sedum Angelina (very nicely), a young sapling mulberry and a couple o... Read More
    25 Comments
cakbu z9 CA started a discussion
Mulberry sapling...what to do? - It is about 10 feet tall. Came up adjacent to a dead and cut-down fruitless mulberry tree last year. It had a main leader but a windstorm ... Read More
    13 Comments
cakbu z9 CA started a discussion
Motion activated pest deterrent - I am looking for a motion activated sprinkler to chase away varmints that are knocking over my pots and digging plants out of the pots. The... Read More
    4 Comments
cakbu z9 CA started a discussion
Direct Gardening mail order? - I'm considering ordering some plants from Direct Gardening. Does anyone have experience with this seller? The plant description does not s... Read More
    8 Comments
cakbu z9 CA started a discussion
Wiltstop experience? - I just ordered Wiltstop. Weather has been very hot and I'm having to water 1-2 times a day...perennials and shrubs. Is the Wiltstop a viab... Read More
    6 Comments
cakbu z9 CA started a discussion
Festuca glauca elijah blue? - Several years ago (3-4) I planted 25 of these grasses separating my lawn from a planting bed. They have done well and this year are bloomin... Read More
    5 Comments
cakbu z9 CA started a discussion
Companions for Sedum Angelina - Looking for info on plants with same requirements to be combined with sedum angelina
    5 Comments
cakbu z9 CA started a discussion
Herbaceous vs woody? - I have most of my experience with the woody type salvias. Mine did very well for several years but are not getting very woody and not bloom... Read More
    1 Comment
Show More Events...