10 Posts
alyssa started a discussion
How to deal with an asymmetrical bedroom - I'm trying to figure out how to deal with my small master bedroom. The wall behind my bed has one window on the left side. So my side of the... Read More
    11 Comments
alyssa started a discussion
Please help me finish my kitchen - We are in the final stretch of our extreme makeover, which is a quite a feat for someone with absolutely no design sense. That said, I'm rea... Read More
    43 Comments
alyssa started a discussion
Next decision: kitchen countertops - Aright, please weigh in on countertops. Going granite or quartzite. Was thinking about something resembling white marble, but now I'm afraid... Read More
    8 Comments
alyssa started a discussion
Furniture advice - Any advice for pieces to accompany this loveseat in our living room? I have a few other older American pieces as well, including a jelly cab... Read More
    8 Comments
alyssa started a discussion
Help! I picked the wrong color! - We're in the midst of a major home renovation and I'm deeply regretting my paint color choice. It's a split level, open layout. I have SW 62... Read More
    31 Comments
alyssa started a discussion
Any ideas for combining lighting styles in an open concept? - We're doing an extreme makeover and have created a big open concept kitchen/dining living space. We have red oak floors throughout and some ... Read More
    4 Comments
alyssa started a discussion
Help me pick paint colors?? - Please provide opinions. I don't have a good photo of the space, and there's actually some construction taking place as we speak. Here's a b... Read More
    2 Comments
alyssa started a discussion
Need serious curb appeal help - Hello! We just bought this 1970s split level. As you can see from the photos, it's in serious need of curb appeal help. Our current plan is ... Read More
    12 Comments
alyssa started a discussion
Contractor? - Love this design... beautiful! We're actually designing a very similar renovation, also in the DC area. Would you kindly let me know who the... Read More
1 Like    1 Comment
alyssa started a discussion
Help finding small, functional, and inexpensive vanity - We're moving into a new home soon and the master bath is extremely small, compared to what we're used to. Since we're going to be blowing ou... Read More
    5 Comments