10 Posts
Alex (5 - Nebraska) started a discussion
Enormous 30+ year-old jade plant – Please Advise - So I ended up with a plant which is slightly larger than I'd imagined, and this has accelerated my need to tend to it, but basically it's a ... Read More
3 Likes    59 Comments
Alex (5 - Nebraska) started a discussion
Large Ficus Trunk Chop - Advice Wanted - Hi everybody. I bought an $8 ficus from a lady down the street with the sole intention of chopping it down. This will be the fifth such ficu... Read More
    15 Comments
Alex (5 - Nebraska) started a discussion
Jade advice needed - pruning/wiring/etc - building the tree - I recently scored a nice jade plant from a farmer's market for $10. It's a cutting from a larger plant, according to the man who sold it to ... Read More
    10 Comments
Alex (5 - Nebraska) started a discussion
Plumosa Fern – Is my plant crazy? - I bought a small plumosa fern in late March for a couple bucks. When purchasing, I chose the fern because it had a thick stalk without folia... Read More
    8 Comments
Alex (5 - Nebraska) started a discussion
Found a bargain on some ficus trees... what now? - I feel like I'm spamming at this point... this is a post I made in Figs and then Bonsai and now in House Plants. Any help or guidance would ... Read More
    Comment
Alex (5 - Nebraska) started a discussion
Found a bargain on some ficus trees... what now? - (Reposting this to the Bonsai forum after accidentally putting it in the Figs section) At a local garage sale yesterday I purchased four fi... Read More
    3 Comments
Alex (5 - Nebraska) started a discussion
Found a bargain on some ficus trees... what now? - At a local garage sale yesterday I purchased four ficus trees for a couple bucks a piece, with the idea of possibly turning at least a few o... Read More
    Comment
Alex (5 - Nebraska) started a discussion
Found a bargain on some ficus trees... what now? - At a local garage sale yesterday I purchased four ficus trees for a couple bucks a piece, with the idea of possibly turning at least a few o... Read More
    4 Comments
Alex (5 - Nebraska) started a discussion
Real Growers Recharge (beneficial bacteria/Mycorrrhizae/Trichoderma) - Since finding this forum while plant-mad this spring, I've invested in replacing all of the potting material in my plants with Al's gritty m... Read More
    5 Comments
Alex (5 - Nebraska) started a discussion
Chirimen Hinoki cypress + Mikawa yatsubusa Japanese Maple = HELP ME - Hello, and thanks for reading. I've recently stumbled onto these forums amidst a houseplant craze and have lurked for over a month now. The ... Read More
    9 Comments