cambella

Water pressure for MULTIPLE rain showers

cambella
4 months ago
last modified: 4 months ago

Hi there - for a 4-shower house what would the water pressure need to be for all rain showers to be functioning at the same time or would this be impossible? (while the dishwasher and washing machine are also on for example).

Grateful for any advice!

Comments (5)

• Chris Morgan-Jones
    4 months ago

It’s normal to apply diversity to these things and not assume that everything is running full blast all at the time. If I was looking to run four showers at the same time then I would consider power showers (it would be important to keep in mind the electrical load as well with this solution) or a large hot water tank or two+ combi boilers. You could also go down the hotel style pressurised tank and pump route. It depends to a great extent on what system you have at the moment and how much you are prepared to change it.

• rob derbyshire
    4 months ago

I worked on a huge house with several floors and 7 showers that could be used at the same time .

2500 litre header tank in the loft ( steel supported to the foundation ).

Each floor had its own hot water tanks , actually 2 on the second floor .

All pressurised and balanced systems .

I worked with the plumbers ( electrician ) on it .

Not the nightmare you might think , just a massively expensive project .

• siobhanmcgee90
    4 months ago

We have a 4 bar system and have 3 showers which have operated together while the dishwasher and washing machine was going with no problems. We did this installation which included redoing all the plumbing including new bathrooms as our old plumbing would not have worked with a pressurized system.

• cambella
    Original Author
    4 months ago

are these rain showers or electric showers Siobhan?

• siobhanmcgee90
    4 months ago

They are rain showers

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.