Professional Profile Policy
By creating a Professional Profile (including by claiming an unclaimed Professional Profile), you acknowledge and agree to each of the following:
- Authorised Person. You are a principal or employee authorised to create a Professional Profile for the business. You are responsible for any and all activity on your account, including as a result of you choosing to share your account credentials, not keeping your account credentials confidential, or not keeping your account credentials updated.
- Accurate Information.
i. You will provide accurate, truthful, and complete information regarding your business, and keep all business information up to date;
ii. You will create only one Professional Profile for your business;
iii. You will pick a business category that accurately describes your products and services; and
iv. Professional Profiles created for business categories not supported by Houzz will be removed without notice.
- License Information. If your profession or business requires licensure, you agree to provide all licensing information necessary to list or advertise your business online on Houzz. In addition, you represent that any licensing information you provide is accurate and up to date.
- Projects. You agree that any Projects posted on your Professional Profile represent your own work, and you will not claim credit for the work of others.
- Affiliations. Houzz may enable you to display your affiliation with certain trade associations relevant to your business. You agree that you will only choose those organisations with which you are actually affiliated for display on your Professional Profile, and promptly remove any affiliations if no longer current. You agree that in certain circumstances Houzz may display your affiliation with certain trade association partners on your Professional Profile on your behalf, e.g. upon verification of membership by the trade association.
- No Guaranteed Placements. The appearance of your Professional Profile in Houzz search results is not guaranteed and is dependent on a number of factors, including without limitation the popularity and volume of photos, reviews, and user interactions. Houzz does not guarantee specific placements on Houzz except as part of paid marketing packages. Learn more here.
- Reviews. Customers may review your business on your Professional Profile. You understand and agree that while all reviews must follow our Review Policy, Houzz does not remove negative reviews that do not violate our Review Policy, regardless of whether a Pro is a paying customer or not, except as may be required by law. If you attempt to create new or additional Professional Profiles for the same business, we reserve the right to link your prior reviews to your new or additional Professional Profiles.
- Communications Preferences. When you create an account on Houzz, please note that any prior communications preferences you may have conveyed to Houzz will not be transferred to your Houzz account. We reserve the right to communicate with you using the contact information you provide or that is publicly or commercially available, including to provide you with information about our services and products and with tips and offers.
- Houzz Trade Programme and Business Programme. You may be eligible to enroll in the Houzz Trade Programme or the Houzz Business Programme. By applying or enrolling in the Houzz Trade Programme or Business Programme, you agree to the Houzz Trade Programme and Business Programme Terms and Conditions, which are also incorporated into this Professional Profile Policy.
- User Disputes. You agree that you are solely responsible for your agreements or interactions with any Houzz user, and we will have no liability or responsibility in connection with such agreements or interactions. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and any Houzz user.
Effective 1st January, 2020