obarchitecture

Radical Rebuild

OB Architecture
7 years ago

The Wrap House replaced a small, tired 1950s bungalow sat among a row of equally undistinguished single-storey properties.

The replacement house had to respect the height of the surrounding bungalows; by manipulating the levels and stepping the building down, in spite of being a storey higher than the neighbouring properties, the flat roof parapet levels sit below the ridge line of the adjoining houses.

The house was constructed for a relatively modest £1,500/m2, challenging the notion that bespoke modern houses cost from £2,000/m2 upwards.

The Wrap House has featured on the More4 series 'Building the Dream': Series 3, Episode 2: Kent

Wrap House · More Info

Comments (11)

• S L
    7 years ago

wow fantastic!

OB Architecture thanked S L
  • PRO
    AVINU - Home Technology
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

What a fantastic design. The use of materials, the room set-out with all that natural light - stunning.

We'd love to support you if you do something similar.

OB Architecture thanked AVINU - Home Technology
  • PRO
    OB Architecture
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you Artzona and Susan, very pleased you like it.

• PRO
    OB Architecture
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you, Avinu, we will definitely keep this in mind.

• PRO
    Brandler London
    4 years ago

What a great design,,, nice to see a house so light and airy!

• PRO
    Italian Kitchen Studio
    4 years ago

Great design

• PRO
    Italian Kitchen Studio
    4 years ago

I can offer you a beau kitchen furniture from Italy .

They are custom made for individual needs .I have a great fitting company with experience and skills to make it absolutely perfect.

OB Architecture thanked Italian Kitchen Studio
  • Michelle Werry
    4 years ago
    Alas another bungalow bites the dust...
    OB Architecture thanked Michelle Werry
  • PRO
    Italian Kitchen Studio
    4 years ago
    Amazing project
  • PRO
    OB Architecture
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hello Italian Kitchen Studio, please feel free to send me information (i.e. a brochure or something) at christina@obarchitecture.co.uk and I will happily forward it to our team.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.