ribena_drinker

Painting two pieces of furniture - what colour?

Ribena Drinker
5 years ago

We have just settled on a new colour to re-paint our sitting room - being F&B French Grey (which is very greeny rather than grey). This is the colour - but not our room!

We've picked the fabric for the new curtains being Studio G March Hare in Linen which isn't as grey as it seems here:-

We have two bits of furniture in the room that we want to paint. One is a small round side table, the other is an OKA campaign desk. We have previously painted the round table with F&B stone white, which is a green'ish colour and the campaign desk is a rather ugly dark brown. We want to paint both the same colour, which would "go" with the new colours in the room. This is the campaign desk, which opens up.

The carpet is a warm gold colour and the sofas & chair & footstools are a warm, nut brown. All the woodwork is white - including rad cabs, built in book case, doors skirting, windows etc. I can't take a photo at the moment.

I'm at a bit of a loss what colour to paint them. I've toyed with ochre, dark sage and mink brown, but they're a bit of a faff to paint, so I want to get the colour right. Would an off white look ok do you think?

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.