webuser_84531519

Open plan kitchen/living room layout advice

HU-84531519
4 years ago

Hello - looking for some layout advice, please (and thanks in advance!).

We have a beautiful 2 bed ground floor flat in a Victorian corner plot. The place was carved up into flats in the late 70's and as part of our renovations we are proposing to open back up the old drawing room into an open-plan kitchen/living room. Our architect has proposed a layout (below) and I'm keen to get some feedback and recommendations to see if this is the right way to go. Key things to consider and take into account:

• The place has high ceilings, which make the room feel nice and large.
  • The square bay window (top left of plan) looks out onto a nice quiet garden.
  • A fireplace, which we are re-exposing (shown middle of the right hand wall but not labelled).
  • Waste is located below the image, so sink/DW ideally need to sit on that wall (or thereabouts).

We're keen to maintain a feeling of space and not have it end up feeling like we're just jammed a sofa into the kitchen (or kitchen into the living room).

Many thanks,

Comments (11)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.