tbulebush

Need to build a very low retaining wall

Todd
5 years ago

I need to build a retaining wall that is about 10 inches high. I had a sidewalk and french drain installed and as a result, was left with a ledge about 10 inches in height on the property line. I attached a few pictures to show the ledge and the proximity to the sidewalk. I used a can to give perspective to the height. The french drain runs directly under the can so I can't use any type of wall that anchors into the soil/ground. The contractor suggests building a low wall using pavers bonded together with construction grade adhesive and abut the bottom of the wall against the edge of the sidewalk (basically, where the can of beans is), then backfill it with sand and top soil. Does this sound reasonable or is there a better approach to this? Since this is on the property line, I can't slope the ground into the sidewalk as that would leave me with an angry neighbor. Thank you!!

Comments (10)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.