amioli

Kitchen design dillemmas

Amioli
4 years ago
Hi. We’re in early stages of planning new kitchen and cannot decide which layout would be best. I was hoping that somebody would be able to suggest something as I always read the discussions here and find lots of great ideas/advice.
The kitchen is in extension built about 30 years ago. It’s south west facing, has three windows and we want to change one of them into patio door to get direct access to the garden. Size is 4.15 m x 2.40 m (the floor plan attached doesn’t show window on narrow wall but might help to understand layout). The kitchen is connected to the dinning room via door size opening and although we would love to make the opening wider we’re worried about the cost (load bearing wall) so haven’t decided on that.

We’ve had some initial designs but cannot decide which one is better. Option 1 & 2 (2 similar designs of galley kitchen with door on narrower wall) gives nice streamline look and worktop space around job/sink but seems to have not enough storage). Option 3 gives more worktop space and storage but somehow feels not very ergonomic with main worktop separate from sink/job.
I’m attaching few pictures below and would really appreciate some advice. Thank you in advance.

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.