wl46vszbiiris1ppio

How to utilise through lounge? With floorplan attached

Ellyria
4 years ago

Hi guys,

We have 2 bed 1930s semi that has a thorough lounge (7mx3.5m), but a very small entrance hall (not even 1x1), because the corridor/hall was joined with the lounge to make it bigger. No porch either. So we don't have anywhere to put our shoes, coats, etc. Also we only have 2 bedrooms, so upstairs it's a bit of a squeeze already.

We are thinking of ways to best utilise the lounge space. Here's what we definitely want:

- Recliner sofa

- Dining table & chairs (extendable ones probably)

- Space for home office desk and chair

- Space for jackets, coats, shoes etc (we change downstairs more than upstairs)

- Full length mirror

I'm also really tempted to get a day bed, and want to use it a lounging sofa as well. So as you can see I want to be radical and use the lounge for everything!

I've made an indicative floorplan (attached) and would welcome any comments. I know it's unusual to have an open wardrobe in the living room but we really don't know where else it can go. Can't fit in the upstairs bedroom. The daybed in living room is probably also unusual, but the purpose is to lounge around (that's why I've put it against the wall here, instead of the window, because I thought it'd be easier to put cushions and use it as a sofa). If anyone has any experience with it please do let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (13)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.