webuser_209781495

Help with furnishing a good sized lounge but with two doorways

Tim Pearson
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi,

We moved into our house about there years ago and due to a leak have had to remodel most of the downstairs. The last room in the house that we haven’t been able to quite finalise is our lounge. Although it is a good size it has two doorways (one into the hall and one into our kitchen/diner), which is nice but makes furnishing the room quite tricky.

We currently have two sofas in the room – both are pretty old and need replacing somehow but we are struggling to find the best solution to give us sufficient seating but not take up too much space. We also would like the room to have a nice cosy feeling; at the moment we don’t think it is a particularly welcoming space. We are a family of four and this is our only lounge area so we need a good amount of seating ideally. We have two young children so we also need to bear in mind storage for toys etc.

We have installed new blinds but think we have made a mistake with these as they feel quite bland and are considering Venetian blinds or shutters as an alternative in the big window – which faces out onto the road.

We would consider moving the TV if it would help things but we can’t figure out a better way of arranging everything!

I’m attaching a floorplan and pictures of how it looks at the moment. Any suggestions, both in terms of furniture and/or decorating would be very gratefully received!

Thanks for your help,

Tim

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.