hilaryw12

Help with flooring in hallway and stairs

Hilary Wilde
6 years ago

I'm after a bit of advice and some opinions too :) We live in an old victorian rectory and I rather optimistically ripped up our carpets and plywood hoping to find a lovely timber floor underneath. Unfortunately it is a mish mash of broken planks, several different types of wood and gaps you could get your hand through. So I need to cover them up. I was looking at timber floors which are lovely however we had them in our previous house and with 3 children and 2 dogs they were terribly scratched and dulled after a few years. I really don't want carpet again as with the kids and dogs it's also a nightmare. Tiles would be too cold (can't put underfloor heating in) so it leads me to LVT. Would it be absolute sacrilege to put them in an old house? I also am not sure how I tie that in with the stairs. If I strip the treads and paint the risers white will it look odd next to the fake wood? Thanks.

Comments (21)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.