webuser_2294102

Desperate need for some inspiration and advice for guest room/ office

HU-2294102
4 years ago
Hi Houzz
I’ve recently moved into my partner’s flat which is in need of redecorating and updating to say the least! I’m starting with the guest room as this will also double as my office and provide badly needed additional wardrobe space. As you can see it’s pretty basic and a lovely shade of magnolia! (Please excuse the mess). The ceilings are also very low at 2.28m high.

The double bed and the small wooden box serving as a bedside table will be staying (I don’t really like them but I’m not allowed to get rid of them!) but I need to add in a desk and wardrobe.

I’m considering the IKEA corner Pax wardrobe as an option.

I really want to inject some life and personality into the room as I will be spending quite a bit of time in it and want to make it a calm and positive place to be.

The dimensions of the room are 2.7m x 3.10m. This does not take into account the alcoves.

I’m looking for inspiration on wall paint colours, rugs, furniture and lighting ideas.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments (15)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.