webuser_817715823

Demolish and Rebuild or Renovate??

HU-817715823
4 years ago

Anybody have an idea of the average cost and timeframe to knock down the house below and rebuild a home around 3000sq feet (5 bed, 3 bath, 2 reception rooms)? Just looking for very rough estimates! Thanks

Comments (5)

• Jonathan
    4 years ago
    280 square meters multiplied by build cost of £1900/ square meter.
    £532,000 and 7/8 months
  • HU-817715823
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks Jonathan! We will stick with the renovations. Any ideas on the cost of 1000sq ft 2 storey extension?

• Patrina
    4 years ago
    I think the cost would all depend on style and spec of the extension plus a contingency for any hiccups. An architect and quantity surveyor should give you a better indication of cost.
  • minipie
    4 years ago

Costs also vary hugely depending on where you are. Remember new builds are charged VAT at 5% whereas renovations and extensions are at 20% (assuming you are using VAT registered builders and suppliers). I would second asking a (local) architect or QS, or a local builder experienced in large scale projects.

• Victoria
    4 years ago
    New builds are zero rated for VAT
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.