fordandkate_lannan

Curb Appeal: Making a split level home look less like a split level...

We live outside of DC and are trying to make our home look less like a split level by painting it all one color. Initially, we wanted to add a portico to chance the look and disguise the split, but there is a stone retaining wall that would need to be moved and replaced - and it was very expensive. So now, we're looking for design ideas that don't require structural changes - so we would love ideas on colors, shutters, window boxes, trim, door, etc. There are 3 materials - siding, brick and hardieplank. Anything in general on adding low cost curb appeal.

We were thinking:
All white including trim, grey shutters and a turquoise door. Not sure what to do with the garage...faux wood? Window boxes? New plants obviously. New fence, match the garage, dark natural wood stain?

Or
Khaki/tan-ish with grey hues with black shutters, black door - bright white trim. Add trim to door and around window, bright white garage with black hinges. White fence, new plants. Planters with red flowers. Flag.

Comments (12)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.