lclivingston

amtico/Karndeen flooring in living room?

Lou Ella
4 years ago
Hi,

Anyone got Amtico or Karndeen flooring in their living room. I am looking for flooring - originally wanted wood however more and more people are recommending the luxury vinyl. Can anyone offer any advice? We are looking at the herringbone wood effect (in a grey colour). Thanks!

Comments (15)

• PRO
    User
    4 years ago

Karndean do really nice slim plank parquet effect, it also carries a domestic lifetime guarantee I believe.

I would question your choice and everyone else that chooses grey for the floor. Grey will be a temporary 'fashion choice' colour. It will eventually not be 'in' anymore and you will be left with an expensive flooring to replace.

If you go for wood colour it never dates. This then leaves you free to paint and re-paint the walls in whatever colour you like ie, at present grey. You can also have grey rugs and furnishings.

• LTS
    4 years ago
    We have karndean everywhere downstairs apart from the front room as we need to decorate in there first but will be continuing with the same karndean. Love herringbone but it was too much money to have it everywhere. Boo!
  • Juliet Docherty
    4 years ago

I agree with MATH about the grey. Greys can feel cold, especially in a North facing room. As MATH says more natural wood colours are timeless and therefore less risky. I have real wood which I would have again, but then I don't have a dog, so that may be an issue for some.

• PRO
    User
    4 years ago

I do like that Lou, a good compromise.

• Martin
    4 years ago

We have the same predicament.. That amtico looks great in the picture but for that price you can get some amazing looking wood...

• PRO
    The Designer and The Decorator
    4 years ago

Karndeen are an amazing company with amazing products, i have used them many times and have always had positive feedback.

The product is good, hard wearing and looks great.

The company is easy to deal with and very helpful for any advise.

I would highly recommend ordering some free samples (from the Karndeen website) of floors you like the look of before ordering, as some of the wood tones look more real than others.

Hope this helps and good choice on the herringbone it will look great when it's finished.

p.s here is a photo of our latest project with Karndeen flooring

• Lou Ella
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    Thank you for all your comments / advice. Think we have decided on the amtico Spacia - sun bleached oak in the parquet style with the full size tile.
  • Lou Ella
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    In the bigger size tile like this so it doesn’t look too busy!
  • PRO
    User
    4 years ago

Top tip:- Buying from shops is good as you will get to see a stand with the flooring on, however, if you're buying online, ( and who wouldn't ), then make sure you get full sized samples, as with some of the real wood ranges, the boards incorporate different shades. So the bigger the sample the better.

• PRO
    Brandler London
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I think that you have chosen well Lou as frankly speaking Amtico is streets ahead of Karndean in my opinion. In the high end/luxury market I have always used Amtico; I even used it in my Mother's house and she is not someone that I would want to disappoint! :-)

• Lou Ella
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>I went for Amtico Sun bleached oak and I’m really pleased with the finish!
  • Lou Ella
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Try again

• Lou Ella
    Original Author
    4 years ago

• HU-209127570
    3 years ago

Hey what colour is this in amtico

looks really nice

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.