webuser893

Need help matching Old Gold dining chairs

Robert O'Connor
10 years ago
So I am on the last room of my renovation and the dining room needs to be completely redecorated. The rest of the house is decorated in a mock-Georgian style with a mix of original and reproduction pieces - the main colours of the interior are a variety of golds, beiges, white woodwork, dark mahogany doors and furniture throughout, and the only real bold colour is blue in the hall (carpet and curtains). I don't want to do the modern/classic mix but instead keep it very plush and traditional, rich. I have just purchased a Georgian dining table and the chairs were already reupholstered in old gold. I seem to have be thrown as to what colours to put with this. Currently the walls are a Colortrend 'Minimal' beige, it was done this year but can be changed. I am planning to continue the mahogany parquet floor from the hall into the dining room and get some sort of rug for under the table, I also have to get curtains and have a crackled-cream chandelier on order to match the living room, I was going to put shades on this. Anyway I need to know can I mix other shades of gold, what colour walls and fabrics would work for curtains. Any hep much appreciated.

Here is the colour of the chairs of the dining set - http://photos2.donedeal.ie/antiques/victorian-nursing-button-back-chair/Full/15075934.jpeg

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.