cara0808

Mezzanine Design

cara0808
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Hi all - building a new home with 2 storey living area overlooked by a mezzanine - any ideas on how to create a way of blocking off noise from top level to lower level - needless to say the balcony will be fixed on the bottom half but would it be possible to create 'sliding windows' on top half of balcony that can be open and closed? Hope this makes sense - any ideas much appreciated. Thank you.

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
    10 years ago
    How about having openings every 4 feet or so that are 4 feet wide? Then you can build insulated shutters that can be closed when you want silence upstaiirs. They can be open when you don't need silence........
    cara0808 thanked Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
  • lefty47
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    HI -- I put a picture on my idea book for you (last one) . I think something like that would look great and not visually close things in . You would have to have the glass in a sliding by pass panels rather than folding . You could also have the glass frameless rather than the thin black framing , but I like the black for the interest it adds.
    cara0808 thanked lefty47
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.