pinaki_chaudhuri

Dining room's wall decor ideas

Pinaki Chaudhuri
18 December, 2013
last modified: 23 August, 2017

I need ideas to decorate the dining room wall.. Please help!

Dytecture
    Can you provide some photos of the dining room?
    Pinaki Chaudhuri thanked Dytecture
  • Pinaki Chaudhuri
    Hi Dytecture, Please see attached floor plan.. I don't have actual pictures as yet.. I am looking for some decor options for the walls (under red boxes), i.e. kitchen side, toilet side and guest/smaller bedroom side.. The wall on the master bedroom side will be taken up by the crockery unit..
    Bonito Designs
    Hi Pinaki, from your floorplan, it looks like all of the walls have a shallow distance of viewing and are placed in prominent place where traffic is high. We wouldn't suggest putting any 'furniture' or panel over there that would jut out anything beyond 1". Your best option is to use subtle wall-paper to decorate the wall (assuming the wall is continuous without beams and columns) and hang-in graffiti style of paintings which look great even at close distance and hit them with spotlights from above. We feel this would give a totally different feeling especially near the passage area.
    Pinaki Chaudhuri thanked Bonito Designs
    Willie Duggan
    Hi Pinaki, It looks like you have gotten some advice from Bonito Designs, which is great. If you are interested in wall lighting to add some decorative design and obviously light source we have a great selection on our site - which dependant on your style choice I can send you some pictures. Best of luck with it and I hope it turns out fab. Thanks WDL
    Pinaki Chaudhuri thanked Willie Duggan
  • Pinaki Chaudhuri
    Hi Willie, Please send the pictures..
  • Pinaki Chaudhuri
    @Bonito Designs: Thanks a lot! I take your suggestion there. Please share a few graffiti pictures that will go well with a dining room. Will keep an eye for more suggestions.
    Willie Duggan
    The Masca light is a lovely decorative piece. The Lampadari would cast lovely shadows around the area and is almost like a piece of art. The Tom Dixon piece is a retro piece, very popular at the moment. The Studio Italia piece like the Lampadari feature would create a lot of shadows. If you need any more help do let us know, WDL.
  • Pinaki Chaudhuri
    @ Willie Duggan Lighting: Please share your website where I can find these?
    Willie Duggan
    Hi Pinaki, here you go - http://www.williedugganlighting.com/shop/interior-lighting/wall-lighting - prices are in euro but we ship all over the world. Thanks WDL
    Pinaki Chaudhuri thanked Willie Duggan
    Pinaki Chaudhuri thanked STONE SOURCE INC. (INDIA)
  • Pinaki Chaudhuri
    @stone source inc: these are great but I am in Gurgaon...