sharonofarrell

Need help with my living room please

sharon 0 farrell
My living room is up stairs, my couch is off white linen my tv is black and so is my coffee table they have to stay. Need help with colour for walls,flooring has to be carpet as wooden floors might b noise and curtains any ideas thanks

Mitchell Channon Design
    If you're brave enough to go dark, I would do a dark bittersweet chocolate brown. I like Benjamin Moore #2112-10, "Mink"
    sharon 0 farrell thanked Mitchell Channon Design
  • charleee
    How much natural light does your room get? I like Mitchell's idea of the deep brown, but only if you have plenty of windows.
    sharon 0 farrell thanked charleee
  • sharon 0 farrell
    yes great ideas but the rest of the house is in chocolate brown i do love it ,but i think iam chocolate out at the moment.i was thinking about silver and greys but i am nervous in case i get carried away and end up going gothic .the room gets a good bit of light i don't have a window its double doors.thanks so much for ur help
    Essentia Interior Design
    Why not think about a coffee cream colour!
    sharon 0 farrell thanked Essentia Interior Design
  • Rina
    Hi Sharon. If you're ready for an injection of serious colour into your life, I think coral walls would look fantastic with your furniture. Then you might link the room to the chocolate elsewhere with patterned curtains -- though it's hard to be sure about the right treatment without a pic to help. Something like this might work. From Overstock.
    sharon 0 farrell thanked Rina
  • sharon 0 farrell
    hi rina thanks for ur insight, i think thats more the line i was thinking ,but would u go grey walls with a pattern curtain and grey carpet thanks so much for ur help
  • Rina
    To make my point about the coral, and because I enjoy fiddling.
    sharon 0 farrell thanked Rina
  • Rina
    Request noted ... give me a bit of time for the curtain hunt. :)
    sharon 0 farrell thanked Rina
  • sharon 0 farrell
    ok thanks a million iam no good at this stuff ;wow thats brave i will put up a photo of the whole room a little later thanks a million for ur help
  • sharon 0 farrell
    any silver or grey ideas thats what i would love elegant look
  • Rina
    You're right, it is exquisitely elegant. I'm not sure the curtain is the right one (it's also Overstock) -- if I come across something better I'll post it. Actually the one above could work, too, in spite of it having no grey. It would be a more dramatic effect, less subtle. (I think I've taken liberties with the shape of your table -- couldn't see too well what was going on in the dark part of the photograph.)
    sharon 0 farrell thanked Rina
  • Rina
    Here's the full-size pic of the wall and carpet without the distraction of the curtain.
    sharon 0 farrell thanked Rina
  • sharon 0 farrell
    thanks Rina, love the gray will put up a large photo of the room, not great with the computer this is a whole new world so i need help husband will b home soon.love the way u put in the carpet and curtains great idea.
    JudyG Designs
    last modified: 7 years ago
    Sharon, how about staying with the black and white theme which you already have started?

One of my favorite wall color choices with linen fabrics is BM Muslin. There are so many great accent pieces in black…like the occasional chairs in this picture…

Memphis Living Room · More Info

This pair of IKAT pillows is a buy:
    Set of 2 BLACK IKAT PILLOWS 20x20 Decorative pillows · More Info
    sharon 0 farrell thanked JudyG Designs
  • sharon 0 farrell
    Hope this is a better photo of my living room
  • sharon 0 farrell
    I have two black shelves to go on this wall
  • Rina
    Seeing it as an almost whole, I do think now that I like the soft, patterned curtain for the room. It could become overly severe, and that would be enough to stop that happening. Second thought, you don't need a side table for the sectional, but you do need something there to hold a lamp -- silver or glass would probably be best. The stand could be very plain, a box shape, even, in the same finish as the wood you already have. I liked these from wayfair.com -- though I might change the shades on a couple of them. Not that they're bad. The last one is an alternative approach if you fancy a bit of colour a-poppin'.
  • Rina
    You'll need to hover your cursor if you want to see the texture on the fourth one in the first box.
    sharon 0 farrell thanked Rina
  • Rina
    Next point: I wish I could see the art you have on the walls. But the pieces over the sectional are hung too high (not just to see them in the photograph, too high period).
    sharon 0 farrell thanked Rina
  • sharon 0 farrell
    thanks Rina good points never thought of the paintings great help