Houzz Logo Print
mybespokeroom

Living room mistakes our designers always see

So many of our clients know the feeling all too well - standing in their living room and wondering, "What on were we thinking?!" Our designers are here to help you avoid pricey mistakes and get your dream space right, first time.

🛋️ Ignoring furniture scale - Just because a piece physically fits in your lounge, it doesn’t mean it suits the scale of the space. For instance, a large, luxury sofa won’t sit right next to a tiny coffee table. Make sure you have enough floor space to avoid a cramped feeling and that the scaling of all of your furniture fits together.

📺 Making the TV too prominent - TVs are a necessary evil, we all want one but dislike how it looks. You can disguise it with darker wall paint, placing it in bespoke furniture or stying it into a gallery wall.

🧱 Pushing furniture up against the walls - In large living rooms you want to create an intimate feel, bring furniture closer together, zoning them with a rug and filling the outer walls with artwork and side tables.

Curious about what other mistakes our designers see? Check out the full blog here.️

Comment

Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.