Houzz Logo Print

How do you mount anything on a “tanked” wall?

4 months ago

I’m hoping to move to a 10 year old, three floor house soon. The lower floor is built into a hillside so one wall and part of two side walls have been ”tanked” to keep out ground water. The current owners have lined this room with oak laminate panelling.

At the very least we would like to hang pictures on the tanked wall and ideally support heavier furniture (cupboards, etc) but any kind of penetrative fastener will surely compromise the tanking. I can see adhesive fixes for lighter articles but would apppreciate any suggestions re heavier furniture.

Thank you, Alan

Comments (4)

    Tailor my experience with cookies

    Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.