katherine_huntingdon

Under stairs cupboard and appliances

I live in a house where I can't make structural changes and I could get permission to replace the kitchen but no way can afford to remodel the whole small kitchen anyway however we have a space issue.
There is no room in the kitchen for the under counter freezer or my heat pump dryer. We had the old dryer (condensor) and the freezer in the cupboard underneath the stairs.
It has a standard size door and fit the dryer in on the floor with the freezer stacked above which wasn't ideal. There is more space to the right of the door but it's under the slope of the stairs and not really useable as with one appliance right behind the door you can't access it.
I want to ideally have both appliances in the There as currently the dryer is in the corner of the hallway and is constantly getting turned off as it limits the space to get in through the door. The issue is I have a bad back and bending down hurts so I'd like to have to dryer higher up also as it would have better ventilation.
I looked at cupboards to house them but without spending 6 or 7 hundred had no luck.
What's the best way to build a stable surface into the cupboard to take the weight of rhe dryer?
I would replace the door as well with either a folding on or one with vents in it.
The walls are actually breeze block I think as I had to buy a new set of masonry drill bits (whole maisonette is ).

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.