charlotte_junker

Living room layout

I can’t work out how to make the best of this space - can anyone help?
Not marked on the floor plan is a 1.5m-ish fireplace / chimney stack on the “top” wall with about 1.2m to the right and 1.5m to the left, then the door that goes to the dining room/kitchen. The other door comes from the hall.
There’s currently a huge radiator taking up most of the “right” wall but we are considering making this a vertical one that goes to the left of the door.
We’ve just put in our furniture from old place as best we can at the moment but really want to make this room work hard with comfy sofa / tv area, play zone for young children and I would love a desk with space for my craft things.
Currently we have our two seater sofa and arm chair in front of the window with tv on chimney breast. I’m not convinced this is best use of space but can’t work out a better layout. Reluctant to put tv on “left” wall as it’s a party wall and partner also really doesn’t like idea of having sofa in middle of room - plus sofa there would cut into the sightline to the fireplace which seems weird.
Favoured aesthetic is mid century modern if that’s at all relevant and it’s a house built in 1950.
Thank you!!

Comments (11)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.