webuser_192014859

House Extension

James Ob
last year

We want to get a quote on a side and rear extension on our 2 bed semi house. But do we have to have architect drawings done to get a quote from builders? As we don’t want to pay lots of money for drawings of proposed extension to only be told we can’t afford that extension. We have a few different ideas of what we could do and don’t want to have multiple sets of drawings done. In which case we would have to change the layout of the extension (would this be at an extra cost?) to then go and try to get another quote closer to our budget. Could someone please help with what steps we should take first, builder to give a provisional quote from our drawings or architect to do drawings before approaching builders? Thanks in advance

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.