jason_ni_2022

New Home - Living Room Layout - no idea whats the best use of space!

Jason W
last year

So I finally completed on my new home, and am starting to try and work out what way I will configure the rooms.

The living room I'm not sure how to utilise the space. There is a massive chimney breast, that has an off centre fire place, I had hoped to centre the fire place, and reduce the breast size, but the chimney is built up through where the current fire place is. I could reduce the breast on the right side, but if I'm doing that, I'd be tempted to remove the whole thing, and put in a new stove on the back wall (349cm one), but obviously that's not going to be cheap!

I'd really appreciate thoughts on how best to structure the room, where should the tele go, sofa(s)/armchair, once those are in place the rest can work around them!

Dont have a sofa for this room, so am flexible on the size/shape.

Thanks!

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.