heatherjwright

Living room dilemma

Hello i am desperately looking for ideas with my new living room. It's driving me a bit crazy as l'm so unsure. I am purchasing a 1960s/ 1970s house however don't want to decorate or design the interior in mid century modern style as I was brought up with that. Im looking to try and achieve a relaxing living room look.
The flooring is dark wood Karndean and the room has double aspect windows facing east and west. Im thinking of re-using my light stone/cream 2 seater chesterfield type sofa but would like the room to have a welcoming warm feel. Currently the chimney breast is painted blue which I'd like to change as my previous living room was very blue! However I do have light denim faded blue linen curtains which may work . Maybe a tan sofa but I don't think that would be enough contrast .Below is photo of the room with blue chimney breast. The other photos are ideas I’m considering Any advice would be so welcome. Thank you .

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.