parmsuk

Suggestion on colour for open plan extension

parmsuk
last year
last modified: last year

Hi,

Looking for some guidance on this group. We are in the process of redecorating our west facing open plan kitchen/ dining/ family room extension and struggling with a colour to go with our existing furnishings, features and flooring etc. At the moment it’s a light colour and looking to go more darker. There is no natural breaks in the walls so guess it will still need to be one colour all around as is currently. It’s a high traffic area so want a durable paint so avoiding F&B estate/modern in this instance. We do like the ultra Matt paints that are green grey such as Johnsons - Thyme Green, Tikkurila - Arctic Willow, Tikkurila - Nephrite . We will be tiling or having a wrap around splash back around the kitchen wall so we would tie this into the overall colour we select. There is plenty of natural light from skylights and lanterns. We want to have a more cosy feel to the room and hence reason to go darker but at the same time link in with the garden. Any suggestions?

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.