biloo_01

Conservatory update. Ideas please!

Ballal Mirza
last year

Hi lovely Houzz folk.
I'm redecorating this conservatory space and I'd love some ideas and advice.
I've decided I'd like to go pale green/sage.
My current choices are between Breakfast Room Green, Whirlybird, Lichen and Eddy (all F&B).
But I would like to have some contrast or a break in the colour. So I was thinking of doing the large wall and the wall below the windows in the green and the windows, roof beams, doors and window sills in a contrasting colour. I'm not sure what colour would work? I was thinking a blue like Oval Room. Or maybe even doing something like decoupage on the window sills!
Some other info: The floor is staying for the meantime. I'd love to change it to some encaustic tiles but that may be a couple of years away! There are several Persian style rugs over the floor usually.
I use the room as my breakfast room, also for when I do a bit of bed and breakfast over the summer.
It's where most of my plants live in the summer (The plants in the picture are just a tiny group of them).The furniture is antique oak.The room is South and East facing. So lots of light.
I was also thinking that I might like to add a bunch of small vintage single shelves to the large wall to display some of the plants, or use the wall for some striking art work.
Although I've not budgeted for window coverings at the moment, that is something I'd like to decide on now, so I'm ready when the time comes.
I think some sort of covering for the roof might be needed too - it gets very hot in the summer!
Any advice or suggestions would be awesome.Thank you!
P.s. reposted because my app was glitchy and couldn't upload pictures.

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.