webuser_768402840

How to cut cozy wool insulation rolls

HU-768402840
last year

Hi Everyone,

Nearly there, nearly there I keep saying but it seems never to end

After sorting out the garden and patio( I hope so) my last to-do job was replacing the insulation in the attic. After much research, posts and advice here, I settled for Celtic renewable's Thermafleece, sheep cozy wool insulation. Who were brilliant, they did the maths and shipped it over.

The problem is the initial 100 mm base layer is 570mm in breadth and my interjoist space is only 420mm. I knew this, so thought cutting through a rolled insulation roll would be a piece of cake, a swiss roll to be precise! Famous last words, it took me around 75 mins, just to get through one and there are like 20 remaining. Used the hand saw and even the electric scorpion wood saw..no effect

No way I can get through that with what I have

Two options

1) I forget to cut it to snugly fit in and just try my best just to fit it in. That way I have more insulation roll and won't have to waste around 150mm plus it just takes 5 mins to roll one insulation roll

or

2) I persist and cut it to snugly fit in. Looked online and came across some electric gadgets, such as

Bosch Professional Sabre Saw blade, S 2013, for fibre insulation

This is to be fitted onto a either a Bosch or Dewalt sabre reciprocating saw

Have I got these electric gadgets right? Any other ideas, or suggestions, please please do let me know

The cold weather is playing with my arthritis and can't hand-saw one roll for 75 mins, this way I won't even finish by Xmas!

KR

Mel

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.