webuser_652717517

Planning permission query

Sana Ghauri
last year

Hi All,
We've just had some feedback from the planning department about our rear extension and are having trouble understanding their reasons behind the 2.5m height limit to the single storey extension on the boundary wall.
This is their exact wording -
'2.5m height on the boundary with number 33, or set off the boundary to allow for more height'
The house is a 1930s semi detached and situated on a slope with the adjoining house being on the higher side (but both of us have the same internal floor level, we just have suspended floors). We have a few steps to go down into our garden due to the slope (neighbours have less of a drop). I don't understand why they want to limit the height of our single storey extension to 2.5m only on the boundary wall especially given they are on higher ground anyway? Our architect has suggested a chamfered roof on that side to try and accommodate this however it just means we are left with an awkward slope to the ceiling internally.
Anyone been in a similar position or has any advice?
Thanks

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.