overton_windows

Windowless bathroom - fresh air and ventilation

Hello Houzers

For the below proposed internal bathroom - are there any devices on the market which can provide both extraction of damp air, and intake of fresh air? At the same time?

(Obviously the answer is Yes - a window! Not possible here unfortunately) 🤔

I hate damp bathrooms so am willing to spend to find the right solution.

Any duct would need to travel almost 2 meters through the ceiling of the box bedroom to the rear of the house.

Cannot have anything in the roof space/sky lights as this might get converted in the future.

Would also be interested to know if any device makes a lot of noise during extraction? And/or while intaking fresh air?

Thank you

Comments (2)

• Helga Irvine
    last year

Tell me how you got on in your quest for information.

I just posted similar question

-nobody has commented.

• PRO
    DOR Architecture
    last year

Try speaking with a local MEP designer (Mechanical Electrical Plumbing) also called M&E designer. I haven't seen this used on a private resi project but for a larger community project we did we use a mechanical toilet ventilation system to extract soiled air from 10 toilet cubicles and bring in fresh air. Sorry can't be of more help and good luck

www.dorarch.com

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.