webuser_71660

Cresting a slight texture on walls to hide imperfections?

Tani H-S
last year

I'm painting over old wallpapered walls that have already had paint on. The walls aren't in the best shape so I wanted to create a slight texture to them - almost like grainy orange peel that's not too old fashioned but will also help disguise the bad walls.
I can't re- paper or skim on this job so please just help with ideas.
Ie would adding a textured glitter sand type of substance work? (you can get this texture in wallpaper which looks nice) or does it just sparkle 😂
What about using a certain type of roller so it doesn't dry completely smooth? 😬
Any help appreciated! 😊

Comments (5)

• Juliet Docherty
    last year

An exterior roller usually has a longer pile and so that might create enough texture to help.

• Tani H-S
    Original Author
    last year

OK thank you. I did wonder if that was an option but wasn't sure.

Any idea on the type to use ie microfibre or something else

• Daisy England
    last year

Years ago they used to sell rollers that created a pattern. Not sure if they still do 🤷‍♀️

• Sonia
    last year

There definitely are textured paint rollers, some subtle and some bloomin’ awful! Like this

• Tani H-S
    Original Author
    last year

What about adding the silica sand to it to create a subtle texture?

I tried a mid pile roller but that doesn't hide much ( and not the bubbles from my other thread that haven't shrunk 😱).

Not tried a masonry one yet though as we got the wrong one ie must be pro one so doesn't fit our roller 🙄

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.