webuser_845192795

Is this sealant correct about the bathroom tiles and architrave?

HU-845192795
last year

Forgive my ignorance but moved into a new build and they have put a sealant - caulk or silicone between the tiles and skirting board. It loooked a mess around the architrave so I asked them to redo it, and this is what I came home to. Its no different really from the original (I think it still looks awful). Is this normal or do I need to ask them to come back and redo it? Any examples of what this should look like? Again, I don’t have much experience and this is my first house so dont want to raise issues that are fine but equally dont want them taking the mick!

Comments (2)

• K OB
    last year

It's normal to have it done (in my experience) but it's the colour thst makes it stand out. Our sealers colour matched the sealant as best they could to blend in

• Jonathan
    last year

It’s normal for new homes builders to do this. It’s so that you can mop the tiled floor and not worry about water getting under the skirting and causing damage.

If it’s the silicone around the door architrave that you have a particular problem with you could cut this out- but beware you might then see a cut edge of the tile which could look worse.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.