louis_john50

TV unit not in symmetry with sofa. What to do?

Louis J
last year
last modified: last year

In my living room I have a TV unit and sofa that are off centre of each other. The TV unit cannot be moved to be aligned with the sofa because there is a door in the middle, and the sofa cannot be moved because otherwise it will be off centre from the wall lights (which are symmetrical according to the side of the wall they are on).

(Note that in the photo the sofa is not centred exactly with the wall lights, so the photo is a little misleading, and the asymmetry would in reality be more obvious than is shown in the photo)

• What can I do to add more symmetry to the space and make the placing look intentional?
  • Also, does it make sense to place the TV in the empty space between the two cabinets or should I try to center it with the middle of the sofa?

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.