brinbug

Entrance / Hallway Rug Dilemma

brinbug
last year

Lovely Houzz followers… I need some design advice about my small entrance hallway. I need to get a rug to spare our light tiled floor from the muddy shoe prints and dirt. So I’m planning on ordering bordered sisal rug cut to size to cope with the foot traffic but I can’t figure out what shape to go for. I have kept a boot tray by the side of the door but thinking of replacing with footstool/bench. My options for the rug are:
(a) square (approx 1m square - to align with the inset coir doormat
(b) rectangular (laid horizontally so the rug longest length spans the the length of both the doormat and boot-tray/future footstool)
(c) rectangular (laid vertically so the shortest length if the rug is same size as doormat width)
Additionally, I’m thinking of replacing the inset coir doormat for a black/anthracite colour too. I also have an existing dark wood console table on the left hand side of the picture that can’t be see in the photo.
Any thoughts and design advice greatly appreciated, as getting anything cut to size isn’t a cheap option so would like to get it right if I’m going to do it otherwise will drive me nuts if it doesn’t look right!

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.