webuser_81946138918

Lights/lamps suggestion for stunning staircase with skylight needed!

C
last year

Hi,

in our newly renovated house the former attic stairs have turned into quite a beautiful staircase with impressive height and a skylight.

Our architects are suggesting two golden wall sconces, which I don't like as you see the light bulb as you walk up and look up. Once up on the landing looking at them, they're beautiful but they just don't do it for me.

Notes:

You can see the electrical cables prepared for the lights on the left hand side of the wall.

Colour scheme is cream white with a black metal hand rails. I have no specific colour demands. The architects suggested gold sconces which looked great, but open to suggestions.

I'm looking for two different suggestions:

1. Wall lights/sconces that are spectacular and can enhance the height of the staircase and are beautiful regardless of looking at them from underneath or from the front.

2. Skip the wall lights and find a beautiful pendant that makes the space come alive when lit but also looks beautiful in daylight.

Greatly appreciate your suggestions!

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.