dontbuy_nustone

Nustone defective paving

Anyone else had a a similar experience? A cautionary tale:

Beware of buying anything from Nustone! Do not waste your money buying from Nustone!

We ordered several crates of sawn mint sandstone paving stones from Nustone back in August.

When our builder started to unpack these he was extremely disappointed with the poor quality of stones and advised us that he had never seen such bad chips, breaks and stains in paving stones. He is highly experienced in this type of work and did not want to lay the pavers as it would reflect badly on his workmanship.

Out of 175 paving stones we ordered - 199 of them had defects!!

Nustone say on their website that they have a clear claims procedure. In reality, Nustone will only deal with you via email and you cannot get hold of anyone to speak to about it on the phone. Nustone do not answer emails despite follow up emails.

Despite sending them clear photos of the defective stones at the beginning of September, it is now late October and noone has responded to our claim (apart from one email to ask if the stone cleaner they send worked - no funnily enough, it did not work on the deep set stains and does not fix broken stones). The only reason they replied to us at all was because we were forced to comment on their Instagram account as noone was communicating with us through normal channels. Nustone then deleted our comments off Instagram.

Nustone are a despicable company to deal with. Do not waste your money on Nustone!!

Comments (4)

• Sonia
    last year

Looks like rust staining which can happen with sandstone and other natural stone. Try the website www.thepavingexpert.com which gives lots of advice. Their returns policy does not seem to comply with Distance Selling Regulations. When buying something online and unseen, you have the right to return the item without even giving a reason, as long as it is done within 30 days. These are your statutory rights. This doesn’t apply with underwear, pillows and personalised items but pretty much everything else. Obviously paving is more difficult to return but they must have a system for dealing with this and it must crop up sometimes. I would contact the Citizens Advice for help and further advice. I do hope it is sorted soon.

• Dont Buy Nustone
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you for your advice Sonia, appreciate it.

• Daisy England
    last year

Are your numbers wrong …. Out of 175 paving stones we ordered - 199 of them had defects! Am l reading it wrong?

• Dont Buy Nustone
    Original Author
    last year

119 not 199 - a typo - still a vast number!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.