ace_2338

Regularisation who can help?

Ace 23
last year

We have realised that the garage conversion for the house we purchased may not have got building regulation sign off or planning permission. We don't know when it was done as the previous owners bought it like that in 2001.
We didn't get a survey done when we bought (it is a long story). We want to remodel but I just got informed by an architect firm that building control are unlikely to sign off building regulations for a remodel if the previous work isn't signed off.
We really want to fix the layout and bring things up to date. But we don't know who is best to advise us on whether we should make a regularisation application with the council and what we would need to do if we did decide to take that route.
Who is the best professional to guide us through the retrospective building regulation situation? Is it an architect, surveyor or structural engineer?

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.