simon_osborne31

Bringing the garden to the house

Simon Osborne
last year

Hoping for some design inspiration here! We will be knocking down our conservatory and building a long extension all the way to the far fence (on the left as you look at the house), with a new side opening onto the patio (to the right as you look at the house). The problem this creates is that the existing pathway between the house and the retaining wall will now become a 'path to nowhere'.

We looked at bringing the retaining wall up to the house but that would mean huge expense to reinforce the new extension wall and damp proof.

The pathway is about 900mm wide, so too small to create a nook or bbq area. Other thoughts are we could maybe do a raised deck with some planting.

Any inspiration as to how we can 'fill the gap' and make use of this area would be really appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.