james_utting

What would you do?

James Shenfield

Hi and thanks for taking some time out to read suggest some ideas! We live in a house that is perfectly located for our children's school, so are looking to improve rather than move - our fingers are crossed that the Houzz community might enable that!
.
Upstairs....
.
We are looking to add a large guest room, and improve the master bedroom (larger en suite and wardrobe area). The bottom of the photos is the side of a property that runs along the side of a main road, so we don't think the master should be on the side of the property.
.
Downstairs...
.
The layout feels confused and does not flow properly. The shape of the lounges is unusual - and they aren't really big enough for multiple couches in either. At the moment we use the left hand side one with a single couch and tv, and the right hand side one for a sitting area (infrequently used). We would love to hear what creative ideas you have to really open the property up and make a better set of living spaces. The small garage can be repurposed (and stuff can go outside in a garden room or something similar). We would like a much larger kitchen with large island and entertaining area, and also need some play areas nearby for our young children (aged 1 and 5). The study is perfectly proportioned and should remain the same. Anything else is up for the taking.
.
I have seen how talented people in this community are, and we would really appreciate your creative designs.
.
Budget..
.
We have a reasonable amount of funds available to help extend and renovate, but due to the cost environment at the moment, would like to minimise external build work.
.
Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.