webuser_152739717

How to make use of a fireplace in a kitchen!

L R
last year

We're turning an old lounge into a kitchen, which has this lovely brick fireplace as a feature which we would like to keep & include.
I would appreciate any comments on how to make this fit in and look 'right'! We are pretty decided on using the gaps either side for ovens & cupboards (still open to suggestions however!) But it's the actual fireplace itself we need some ideas on! We've thought about just simply turning it into a cupboard but that seems a bit of a shame, we've also thought about bringing a peice of worktop jutting from it to create a island/bar that can be sat up to...but would appreciate comments & further ideas. The measurements are as below:
The fireplace:
Width:86cm
Height:127cm
Depth:50cm (it has a inner depth of 39cm and then pillars which make it up to 50cm)
The width either side of the fireplace is 103cm to the left & 108cm to the right, with a depth of 48cm & a height of 209cm- just incase anyone has further ideas on this part of the feature too!
Would appreciate any thoughts & ideas....thank you :)

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.