lspendl828

Porch tweak - will it improve the look?

lspendl 828
last year

Doing new windows at the front (long saga!) and I’d like to take the opportunity to make the porch more attractive. The different size windows to the left and right of the front door really disturb my OCD!

I want to replace them with full length sidelights of the same width as left-hand window. This would need a brick pillar to be built up in the right-hand corner which I don’t think is too difficult (but I’m not a brickie). Hubby thinks I’m mad and we’re struggling to move on.

On top of that, most window companies aren’t interested in doing the brickwork and only want to replace the windows. I have found a couple willing to do it, but they don’t supply my first choice windows.

Am I splitting hairs? Should I forget the porch alteration and get on with getting the windows changed?

Would the porch look better rendered? The pointing needs sorting out and any new brickwork will need brick dyed to match.

If we do change it, what would you do with the porch side window/wall?

TIA

Comments (13)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.